Monday, June 18, 2007

Fashionista

In grammar school, a patent leather clutch held a comb and white gloves for Sunday School. In junior high, a shoulder bag was all I needed. A sisal market bag from Merida became my college briefcase.


Later on, a sling tote for the beach was a different kind of diaper bag. Today I tuck the laptop in a canvas morral.

Ah, handbags! I love them all, from my Balinese mahogany and tree bark purse to the sleek black shoulder bag from Spain. A beaded Huichol change purse and a hand-embroidered wallet from Guatemala. Evening bags from India and summer whites.

Novica has a bag for each pair of shoes and every occasion. They're my downfall.

1 comment:

Risa del Mar said...

I too have been bitten by the handbag bug. I've never been a fashion label person so I love that we can get unique handmade items from around the world. I now own over 20 bags from Novica. They have become my collectible of choice! :)