Friday, April 6, 2007

Choices and changes

Blog? Why would anyone read my blog? Besides, I'm a blog virgin.

But I've always taken the road less traveled. My choices have always been different ones. And so this Florida native who grew up barefoot and blissful on the warm Gulf shores is living in the Mexican sierra. And loving it.

Some people who are very dear to me asked me to share a bit of myself online, so here I am.

When I was in kindergarten, my teacher and parents decided I was destined to be an artist. All my life I had paints and charcoal, canvases and clay, even looms and a potter's wheel to explore my creativity. But in college, I was drawn to anthropology as I spent more and more time in the Yucatan. I linked both passions in my senior thesis – an iconographic analysis of classic Maya art with field drawings done in Palenque.

Today I have a dream job… I write. And I use that experience in art and anthropology every day in my work. Novica is probably the most meaningful job I've ever had. I've personally witnessed how artisans are empowered and their extraordinary work is appreciated all over the world.

I invite you to take a look.

1 comment:

Risa del Mar said...

This is great! The one thing I can say about Novica is that we are given the opportunity to work in the best environment with the most amazing people that have such extraordinary lives!