Monday, April 23, 2007

A Spanish style bungalow

My grandparents first came to Charlotte Harbor in the 1930s.   The town is a quiet bit of the Old South;   my family rests in the cemetery there beneath live oaks draped with Spanish moss.

For many years, an old California style bungalow sat vacant on the bayfront.   It intrigued me, and we inquired about the price just so we could explore inside.   I dreamed for years about that house, imagining it was mine.   I still do.

Zorro could have felt at home there.   Abel Rios' and Oscar Pastor's hand-carved furniture would have been perfect in that setting, crowned with candleholders by Rafael Rocha.   I'd have added handmade table linens and colorful china

The cottage isn't there anymore except in my imagination.   I see it in my mind each time I browse through Novica's home décor section.

No comments: